SHARP wants to support its partners and EU Member States in laboratory diagnostics for COVID-19. Our SHARP partner, Erasmus Medical Center in the Netherlands, has kindly offered their help by providing real-time RT-PCR for detection. If you have suspected cases of COVID-19 and need support for the detection, you may send your samples to the EMC. SHARP will cover the costs for shipment of the samples if needed.
For sample types, shipment and more information:
Please contact Marion Koopmans (m.koopmans[a]erasmusmc.nl) or
If you wish to get compensation for costs of shipment of the samples,
please contact SHARP coordinator, Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare, THL at sharp[a]thl.fi.
Other laboratories offering their support in the EU/EEA – information provided by ECDC
Laboratory support by specialised laboratories in the EU/EEA
Any positive test can be sent for confirmation to the European expert laboratories for NCOVID-19. Laboratory support (for primary/or confirmatory testing) by NCOVID-19 specialised laboratories in the EU:
- German coronavirus diagnostic working group National Consultant Laboratory for Coronaviruses, Institute of Virology, Charité, and WHO Collaborating Centre for Emerging Infections and Biological Threats, Robert Koch Institute – Universitätsmedizin Berlin Institute of Virology, Berlin, Germany
- Erasmus Medical Center, Department of Viroscience, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), Bilthoven, The Netherlands
- Respiratory Virus Unit, Public Health England, Colindale, United Kingdom
- Institute Pasteur Paris, France
- Institut für Virologie, Marburg, Germany
- Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Public Health Agency of Sweden, Solna, Sweden