To improve clinical and biorisk management, hospital preparedness and response to high-consequence infectious diseases (HCID).
Outputs & activities
WP10 activities will strengthen case management and Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Preparedness in participating countries.
The WP contributes to the overall and comprehensive strengthening of the International Health Regulations (IHR) through several activities coordinated and integrated with other WPs.
- Report on existing facilities
Report on the assessment of existing facilities, including mapping
- Feasibility study report
Report on feasibility study for an expert clinical support service for high-consequence infectious diseases
- Report on syndrome-based approach
- Protocol for assessment of facilities
- Data collection on hospital preparedness
- Protocol for feasibility study
- Protocols for syndrome-based approach
People and partners
Work package lead: INMI Francesco Vairo, francesco.vairo(at)inmi.it
SHARP JOINT ACTION Case management and infection prevention and control partners:
- The National Institute for Infectious Diseases “L. Spallanzani”, Rome, Italy
- Oslo University Hospital, Directorate of Health, Oslo, Norway
- La Paz University Hospital, IdiPAZ, CIBER-Infec, Madrid, Spain
- Universitätsklinikum Frankfurt, Medizinische Klinik II, Infektiologie, Frankfurt, Germany
- Université de Paris (Paris-Diderot), UMR 1137
- Royal Free NHS Foundation Trust, Department of Infectious Diseases, London
Mapping of existing facilities
• Classification of two level of clinical care of high-consequence infectious diseases (“first line” and High-Level Isolation Units)
• Strengthening collaboration between public officers/public stakeholders
Assessment of hospital preparedness for high-consequence infectious diseases (HCID)
• Elaboration of standard definition for High-Level Isolation Units/referral centres
• Elaboration of a questionnaire to deliver to different health facilities
• Evaluation of a standard drug procurement policy for HCID
Covid-19 survey for hospitals
In the beginning of March 2020, a Covid-19 survey with three questionnaires was developed in collaboration with DG SANTE. The topics were: Clinical management, Post-exposure prophylaxis and Discharge policy. The questionnaires were distributed by the Coordinator to WHO/EURO IHR National Focal Points in EU/EEA and SHARP partner countries, and the survey was shared by DG SANTE with the Health Security Committee (HSC). Anyhow, the timing of the survey was unfortunate as all hospitals were getting prepared for Covid-19, and the response rate was low.
Insight, best practice and strategic vision for infection prevention and control in high-level isolation unitsA multi country collaboration of experts from across Europe promises improved hospital… Read more Insight, best practice and strategic vision for infection prevention and control in high-level isolation units
150 public health experts and prominent health policy makers meet to bring the European Health Union vision closerA round up of the final conference for SHARP Joint Action. SHARP Joint… Read more 150 public health experts and prominent health policy makers meet to bring the European Health Union vision closer
SHARP Joint Action Final Conference on 19th and 20th June in Helsinki – register now!SHARP Joint Action is approaching its final stages as the project is… Read more SHARP Joint Action Final Conference on 19th and 20th June in Helsinki – register now!
Subscribe to SHARP newsletter
Register to receive Newsletters and updates on issues related to preparedness from SHARP Joint Action.
By registering to our e-mailing list you will receive E-news bulletins from the EU SHARP Joint Action with the following information:
- Sharing of key documents (guidelines, reports etc.) on IHR Preparedness
- Updates of the progress of the EU SHARP Joint Action
- Information about training courses organised within the scope of the EU SHARP Joint Action
- Information about events organised within the scope of the EU SHARP Joint Action
By registering to the newsletter, you confirm you have read SHARP's data protection statement.
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: . You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact